Recently one of my favourite preachers was a guest speaker at church and he brought a powerful message on Fear Not. The key scripture was 2 Timothy 1: 6-7.
- Fear will always lead us to hiding, hiding from God, calling and friends because we don’t want to be exposed for the fears we have.
- Fear is a result of believing a lie.
- It is so important to overcome fear but what are you carrying?
- Fear not because something miraculous and divine is about to happen.
- Fear not because God is going to use you to do something amazing.
- What are you fearing today that is limiting your faith? What is ruling you on the inside?
- You have to overcome fear in order to move forward with what God has in store for you.
Fear will cause:
Fear limits and blinds the divine option.
It robs you of the hope of the future.
Don’t carry fear because that’s not what God has given me.
Will rob me of my confidence
Hebrews 10: 35-39
Confidence will always be robbed by fear.
Will paralyze me
Fear will have a grip on you to the point it will paralyze you.
It will keep you small on the inside.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
What has God given you?
When you truly know that God loves you then fear will not rule your life
1 John 4: 16-18
Perfect love has a name and that is Jesus.
When you truly understand that God loves you then nothing can limit me
Choose to live overwhelmed by God’s love.
Spirit of power
Overcome fear with power.
The power of God is inside you.
You have a task to change generations
Ephesians 3: 20 according to the power that worketh in you.
Activate the power of God in you.
Fear will limit the power of God in you.
You have the ability to say no to what you need to say no to.
You have the ability to say yes to what you need to say yes to.
Live at the level of grace- grace that forgives but also empowers.
Have the self discipline to say no to temptation.
Temptation is still not sin because Jesus would have sinned when He was tempted by the enemy.
Don’t cheapen the grace of God.
Self discipline will enable me to get to the next level and open doors.