Last week Sunday Pastor Tim preached a word that left me so challenged and refreshed at the same time. The Holy Spirit was so evident in the service right from the start of praise and worship, throughout the word and the worship session after the service. He spoke on how our seasons create the substance in our lives which then comes our foundations when we go through storms.
Key scripture was Luke 6: 46-49
The Wise and Foolish Builders
46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”
- If you fail to recognise your season you will have a distorted view of God.
- Do the season well and it will build the right foundation.
- You have to actually put in the work.
- Learn to be diligent.
- You need this season in order to produce substance in the next season.
- Understand the season.
- Substance will determine your decisions.
- Is there depth of character or it’s all below the surface?
- If you are to be all that God has called you to be, you have to move beyond the shallow surface.
- Jeremiah 17: 7-8.
- Walking into whatever situation without fear knowing that God has you.
- You can still bear fruit in difficult seasons.
- In order to be used by God you have to develop character and developing character means going through the process. Matthew 5 & 6.
- Luke 6: 48.
- No matter what storm comes the foundation will stand because the word of God is in you.
- Storms will always come but know how to navigate through them.
- If you live according to God’s words you can smile through the storms because you know your sure foundation is in Jesus.
- Isaiah 28: 16.
- Know who your God is and that He is faithful.
- God has you and He will hold you.
- Philippians 4: 12-13.