I was recently part of a virtual Bible study group studying the book of Esther and I absolutely loved it. I learnt so much from this and picked up so many gems I had previously never seen before. Since I was saved I always thought the book of Esther was about women preparing themselves for marriage/their husbands maybe because that’s how I always ever heard the book explained. This is so important to have a personal understanding of the word of God and not base it on what your pastor says. Anyway enough talk, let’s get into what I picked up from the first two chapters.
- When God asks you to do something do not refuse.
- Obedience is better than sacrifice.
- Just do it when the Lord tells you to do it.
- Other people’s lives are dependent on your obedience to the call on your life ie queen Vashti was the highest woman in the land whom all women looked up to.
- There are consequences to your disobedience, you will be removed. When you disobey God’s call, you will be removed.
- Disobedience leads to your replacement.
- God will find someone else to do the work you refuse to do.
- Esther was an orphan, only had one relative Mordecai.
- God always remembers the forgotten.
- Esther found favour in the eyes of the Hegai, was assigned maids and moved into the best place in the harem.
- God will cause you to have favour in the most unlikely of places.
- What you have is enough, who you are is enough.
- You don’t have to do what everyone else is doing
- You will find favour with the King when you are who you are without trying to be somebody else.
- God will use you just the way you are, you don’t have to be somebody else.
- God places you in places of influence for a reason.
- Mordecai refuses to pay homeage to Haman.
- Do not bow down to any other God expect the Lord your God.
- Mordecai talking to Esther
- God has raised you up for such a time as this