In the past two weeks I have been nominated for blog awards. I was really hoping I wouldn’t have to do this but since I am a team player I have to honour those who nominated me ie Becoming the muse, Are We There Yet and Tribe53.
The rules are simple. I have to answer some questions and then nominate some bloggers, so here goes….
1. What is the story behind your blog name?
Life Through The Disability Lens..hmm I think it’s self explanatory….lol There really is not story behind the name, I just chose something that reflects the purpose of the blog.
2. Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
I was frustrated that I had no-one to talk to about my disability so I decided to create a platform to vent about these issues. The blog has gone beyond my expectations and I am loving it.
3. What was your favorite class in High School?
Hands down English Literature-I did it for 6 years.
4. Favorite books?
Oh gosh this hard cause I have so many. Here are some of my favourites.
- The Bible
- Grain of Wheat-Ngugi waThiongo
- Dead Aid: How There Is A Better Way for Africa-Damisa Moyo
- Long Walk to Freedom-Nelson Mandela
- Unbowed a Memoir-Wangari Maathai
- I do not come to you by chance-Adaobi Nasaubani
- 491 days: a prisoner number 1323/69- Winnie Mandela
- Half of a Yellow Sun-Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Americanah-Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- There was a country: a personal history of Biafra-Chinua Achebe
5. Favorite movie?
Gone In Sixty Seconds weird I know…lol
6. Weirdest thing you eat?
I’m African many would consider what I eat weird so I have to say Tofu.
7. One word that covers me completely
One word just doesn’t do me justice.
8. What is your party trick?
Hmm I can’t let that secret out.
9. What three things would you take to a desert island with you?
Bible, Laptop with unlimited internet connection and power and my photo album.
10. If aliens invaded the planet why would you be the first they should take?
Why shouldn’t they, who wouldn’t want to experience this awesomeness? 🙂
Blogs to check out:
Are We There Yet (it’s not a nomination)
Becoming the Muse (it’s not a nomination)
Tribe 53 (it’s not a nomination)
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.