Gosh it’s been such a long time since I’ve written a post. I have to say end of year blues got me real good at the moment. I’m just in that can the year end already mode? Not that i want the year to end, I’ve just been extremely tired lately and lacking inspiration to blog. Actually i lie i have heaps to blog about but finding the time to sit down and put my thoughts down has been difficult.I figured tomorrow well it’s already CHRISTMAS, i don’t have to be up at 7am so i can definitely sleep late blogging. 2014 has been a crazy year to say the very least. There were lots of highs and lots of lows too. I thought for my last post for the year i would share my lessons from 2014 so here goes.
1. Family is family. Friends are friends. Don’t confuse the two. #FamilyIsEverything
Having great friends is everything but when something happens that rocks your life to the core, all you want is your family around you. I learnt this the hard way after losing two very close family members in space of a month. In this season, i learnt that family can NEVER be replaced. I have amazing friends but they can never replace my family.
2. When you always put other people first, you teach them you come second. #PutYourselfFirst
Now this was a very hard lesson i learnt this year. I always believed the lie that everyone came first, that i always had to do things for other people before i ever did anything for myself but 2014 showed me the best thing i can do for other people is to take care of me first before i do anything for them.
3. Health and fitness should be a priority, take care of your body. #HealthAndFitness
2014 is the year i hit a huge milestone. I lost 6kgs in a space of three months and i am finally under 50kgs!!!!!! Biggest lesson i learnt here was meal planning and exercise is key to losing or maintaining weight. It is definitely 50% nutrition 50% exercise.
4. If you’re not telling your story, you’re telling another person’s. #MyStoryMyVoice
I am so grateful for 2014 because it taught me the importance of telling my story using my own voice which is what i did through this blog. I told my story of life with a disability in my own words.
5. The voice you believe will shape the future you receive. #ListenToTheRightVoice
2014 taught me when God places something in your heart, listen to that voice because it will shape your future.
6. Don’t expect results if you are not willing to put in the work. #WorkHard
This year taught me that expectations are great but if you’re not going to work to make those expectations a reality then you might as well not expect anything to begin with.
7. Not paying attention to detail will cost you. #BePresentInTheMoment
I cannot remember the number of times i made mistakes on stuff i was working on and had to redo it because i was not paying attention. It cost me precious time redoing these projects which meant i lost time on doing other things.
8. Find your purpose, it will guide you. #PurposeDrivenLife
2014 will always the year i discovered my purpose with pure clarity. I always knew what i wanted to do with my life but this year showed me exactly what that purpose is.
9. Your dreams are valid, never let anybody talk you out of what you want to achieve. #MyDreamsAreValid
This is probably the biggest lesson i learnt in 2014. People may not understand or believe in my dreams but they are valid because they are MY dreams.
10. Work hard for your dream but just don’t expect other people to do the same. #MyDreamMyResponsbility
2014 showed me yes people may support my dream but ultimately i have to put in 100% to make sure those dreams come to pass.
That’s it, these are my lessons from 2014. There are probably more but these are the top lessons.
A Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. May this festive seasons be filled with lots of love,joy and happiness. May 2015 usher in new blessings, open doors, new adventures and may the Lord grant you the desires of your heart.